· Responding to the success of Donovan's Greatest Hits, Hickory Records released another compilation with the title The Best of Donovan, it assembled several of Donovan's Pye recordings.
· The front cover has a psychedelic artwork, that fit pretty well with Donovan's image by then, rather than his old image as a folk singer.
· Though the collection presents some material in stereo for the first time, a technical flaw was also present. The pitch on several tracks appears to 'wind up to speed', because of the way the transfer machine handled the source tape's banding.
· The Little Tin Soldier is listed as Little in Soldier.
· Donna Donna is listed as Dona Dona.