· Donovan: acoustic guitar, harmonica and vocals.
· Paul Horn: clarinet, flute and saxophone.
· Peter Mark: viola.
· Danny Thompson: concert bass.
Singles out of this album:
· Jennifer Juniper
· Rising was a compilation of live recordings issued in 1990. Since the release of Rising there have been many reissues with different names and with the track list in a different order. It was re-named The Classics Live in the USA and 25 Years In Concert in Europe, to make clear it was a live album.
· Supposedly, Rising contains live recordings from 1982 through 1986 at various concerts during different world tours, and it was recorded by Mellow Records. However, after searching information about where the songs came from, it was known that some of them are from a U.S. tour in 1971, others from the Cambridge Folk festival of 1981 and others from the Live In Japan: Spring Tour 1973 album (Sadness and Universal Soldier). Although it was released on vinyl format as well, Rising became the first Donovan album to initially be released on CD.
· By the 1980's, Donovan's live appearances still attracted large audiences. He toured constantly throughout this time, performing throughout North America and Europe. According to the Rising liner notes, Donovan's friend Pat recorded many of these performances for Mellow Records, however this is unlikely due the fact is was recorded before they were in contact.
· In 2001, Pilot Records acquired the rights to Mellow Record's live recordings and reissued Rising under the title Rising Again and included eleven unreleased live songs.
· The song Love Will Find A Way had never been released on any previous album.
· Life Is A Merry-Go-Round is listed as Make Up Your Mind.