· Donovan: vocals, acoustic guitar.
· Pete Carr: guitar on tracks 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 10.
· Richie Zito: guitar on track 04.
· Dave Mason: guitar on track 06.
· Bob Glaub: bass on tracks 03, 04, 07 and 09.
· Wilton Felder: bass on tracks 08 and 10.
· Lee Sklar: bass on track 02.
· Jim Strauss: bass on track 06.
· Rayford Griffin: drums on tracks 04, 05, 07, 08, 09 and 10.
· Jim Strauss: drums on track 01.
· Jeff Porcaro: drums on track 02.
· James Gadson: drums on track 03.
· Mike 'Reedo' Reed: percussion on tracks 01 and 06.
· Paulinho Da Costa: percussion on tracks 07 and 08.
· Barry Beckett: keyboards on tracks 01, 02, 03, 04, 06 and 07.
· Billy Payne: keyboards on tracks 01, 03, 05, 06 and 09.
· Jai Winding: keyboards on track 05 and 08.
· William 'Smitty' Smith: keyboards on track 07.
· Bruce 'Fingers' Robb: organ (wurlitzer) on track 02.
· Jim Horn: flute, horns and saxophone on tracks 02, 04, 05, 06 and 09.
· John Sebastian: autoharp on track 02.
· Graham Nash: backing vocals on tracks 01, 02 and 08.
· Astrella C. Leitch: backing vocals on track 04.
· Bonnie Bramlett: backing vocals on track 06.
· Lezlee Pariser: backing vocals on track 06.
Singles out of this album:
· Lady Of The Stars/Season Of The Witch
· In spite of the outstanding quality of his previous album (Love Is Only Feeling), by 1983 Donovan's popularity had decreased so much, both in UK and US, that no mainstream record company wanted to release a new album, thinking that it wouldn't generate enough sales to be worth. To convince them Donovan decided to cover himself re-recording new versions of some of his biggest hits, like Sunshine Superman and Season Of The Witch.
· Thus, the album contains ten songs: five of them are covers of songs that had been previously released on some of his albums (Lady Of The Stars and Local Boy Chops Wood appeared on the Donovan album, in 1977; Boy For Every Girl appeared on the 1973 album Essence To Essence; and Season Of The Witch and Sunshine Superman that were first released on the hit album Sunshine Superman, in 1966), one of the songs, Living For The Love Light, first appeared on the live album Live In Japan: Spring Tour 1973 but this is the first studio version ever released, and the four remaining songs are completely new.
· RCA distributed the album in the UK and Allegiance Records in the US (being his first album released in the US since Donovan in 1977).
· This album has been re-released many times through the years, changing the track order and title. Some of them are even titled Sunshine Superman, but have little in common with the 1966 hit album.
· The front cover is a picture of Donovan's wife, Linda Lawrence, surrounded by what looks like the Milky Way. The title of the album and the song Lady Of The Stars are dedicated to her.