· Don't Look Back is a documentary directed by D.A. Pennebaker about Bob Dylan's 1965 England Tour.
· There's a scene showing Donovan listening to his single Catch The Wind playing on the background.
· There's another scene where Dylan argues with a drunken guy about a glass thrown out of a window. Donovan offers himself to help, probably to stop the discussion, which seems to get pretty ugly.
· Donovan sings To Sing For You for Bob Dylan. Dylan says «Hey, that's a good song» while Donovan is still singing. When Donovan finishes singing he asks Dylan to play It's All Over Now Baby Blue.
· Donovan designed many of the artwork cards for Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues video.
· Dylan mentions Donovan several times during the film:
- He asks Alan Price «Who's this Donovan?», Price tells him he's a good guy and a better guitar player than him. Dylan says he wants to meet him.
- When Albert Grossman (Dylan's Manager) asks Dylan if they mail to him an award he has been recently given, Dylan tells him «I don't even want to see them. Tell them to give it to Donovan». Then he opens a newspaper and says «Donovan, Donovan, our next target. He's our target for tomorrow».
- In the car Dylan asks Donovan's manager tour, Fred (who was also Dylan's) about Donovan's tour: «Uh, not so good», Fred says, Bobby Neuwirth (Dylan's friend) laughs. Dylan lights a cigarette and turns to the window, saying nothing.
- Before the last concert Dylan talks to Neuwirth in the backstage and asks «Donovan out there?» to what Neuwirth replies «Hey, I can't see him… people like Donovan… they look just like ordinary… everybody… out there». Dylan says nothing.
- Dylan also mentioned Donovan in one of his concerts while he was singing Talking World War III Blues.
· Documentary aired on the Italian TV in February 1968, about the Beatles journey to India to study Meditation. Donovan was also there, with other artists like Mike Love (from The Beach Boys), Mia Farrow and her sister Prudence, Patty Boyd and Jennifer Boyd.
Try For The Sun: The Journey Of Donovan Box Set version:
01. Sailing Homeward (Part 1)
02. Two Types Of People
03. Donovan talk: we're come to Greece to make music…
04. Donovan talk: let me stand here…
05. Sailing Homeward (Part 2)
06. Donovan talk: where are we…
07. Donovan talks about a tiny village
08. Untitled Song preceding The Pee Song
09. The Pee Song
10. The Very Thing
12. The Garden
13. Electric Moon
14. Donovan talk: these magic Greek islands…
16. Donovan talk: when I was in Athens…
17. Barabajagal Came To Blythe Fair
18. Sailing Homeward (Part 3)
19. Riki Tiki Tavi
20. When The Big Moon Rise
21. Happy Birthday To Us
22. Untitled Jam
23. Moon Dance
24. Donovan: The Journey To Ithaca by Constantine Cavafy
25. There Is An Ocean
· A home-made video of Donovan, family and friends from Open Road band, sailing through the Greek Isles, directed by Nigel Lesmoir.
· Producer Don Como chose Donovan as a narrator in this film about the gurus, people who can use more of their capabilities than the rest of humans, thanks to meditation.
· The Eastern figures that appear in the documentary are Guru Maharaji (the Perfect Master of the Divine Light Mission), Satya Sai Baba (from whose community a spiritual melody was taken and adapted by Donovan to become High Your Love from the album Sutras), Swami Satchidananda, Yogi Bha Jan, Baba Muktananda and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
· Donovan narrates and presents this world of gurus. He appears singing, walking along beaches and deserts, meditating, holding a live snake...
· The soundtrack contains alternative, solo versions of six of his songs, recorded at A&M Studios.
· The title is inspired by the part of the movie which features Elizabeth Clare Prophet (Guru Ma) of the Summit Lighthouse, through whom Ascended Masters (immortal beings who have mastered time and space and have ascended from earth to a higher being) dictate messages to save humanity from destruction.
· A Dream of Kabul is a documentary by Wilma Kiener and Dieter Matzka.
· This documentary shows a sociological insight into an unknown, but strong movement of the youth at the start of the seventies.
· Donovan appears along other personalities like Timothy Leary, Julie Driscoll, Bommi Baumann, Johannes Schaaf, Embryo…
Bob Sirott Interview
01. Introduction by Bob Sirott
02. Interview: Ready Steady Go!
03. Catch The Wind on RSG! (Part)
04. Interview: comparison to Bob Dylan
05. Interview: smoking banana peels
06. Interview: verse for Yellow Submarine
07. Interview: Hurdy Gurdy Man Sessions & Led Zeppelin
· Documentary about banjo player Derroll Adams, directed by Patrick Ferryn.
· Donovan talks about how Derroll influenced and taught him guitar techniques. And how he came up with the song Epistle To Derroll when he was unable to visit Derroll at his home in Belgium.
Date: September 7, 2005
01. Donovan talks: Yoga and Meditation
02. Donovan talks: Don's father, roots
03. Sunshine Superman (a bit from a 1980's concert)
04. Donovan talks: troubadour
05. Part of an interview from late-60's or early-70's about the protest song
06. Donovan talks: drugs and spirituality
07. Lalena (a bit from a 1980's concert)
08. Donovan talks: meditation and India
09. Donovan talks: Hurdy Gurdy Man and vibrato
10. Hurdy Gurdy Man (a bit from a 1980's concert)
11. Donovan talks: jazz
12. Mellow Yellow (a bit from a late-1990's or early-2000's concert)
· Interview for the Italian TV at Casa del Mantegna, in Mantova, Italy, due to the annual Literary Festival.
· Between the interview there are images of Donovan in India and concerts in Italy.
*Thanks to Massimo Cavezzali for the information.
Sunshine Superman: The Journey Of Donovan
Label: SVP 78657
DVD 1: The Film
03. Early Influences
04. Starting To Write Music
05. Gypsy Dave
06. Beat Poets
07. St. Ives
08. Going Professional
10. Catch The Wind
11. Dylan vs. Donovan
13. First Live Performance
14. Pop & Protest
15. Newport Festival
16. Pete Seeger & Derroll Adams
17. Sunshine Superman
19. Mellow Yellow
20. Popart & Fashion
21. Wear Your Love Like Heaven
22. Romantic Poet
23. Free Love
24. With The Beatles In India
25. Hurdy Gurdy Man
26. Happiness Runs
27. Guitar Maker
31. Isle Of Wight
32. Open Road
34. Meeting The Muse
35. Desert Days
36. Music For The Big Screen
37. Touring In The '70s
38. Falling Apart
39. Coming Home To Ireland
40. The Sutras Experience
41. Spirituality And India
42. With The Eyes Of A Child
43. A Surprise Visit
44. New Collaborations
45. Birthday Bash
46. On The Road Again
47. End Credits
48. David Lynch
DVD 2: Bonus Footage
01. Danny Ferrington Guitar Maker
02. Desert Days: Joshua Tree & Gram Parsons
03. The Story Of Lalena
04. Interview John Cameron
05. Cosmic Wheels In Joshua Tree
06. Universal Soldier
07. Isle Of Islay
08. Catch The Wind (A Go Go - 1965)
09. Sunny Goodge Street, Sweden (1966)
10. Give It All Up (Jules Holland - 1996)
11. Sunshine Superman (videoclip)
12. Wear Your Love Like Heaven (short film)
13. Hurdy Gurdy Man (videoclip)
14. In An Old-Fashioned Picture Book (short film)
15. Yellow Star
16. Cosmic Wheels
17. Colombus Stockade Blues (Hans Theessink, Arlo Guthrie & Donovan)
18. Refugee Of Love
19. The Olive Tree
20. I Don't Know (Short Version)
21. Refugee Of Love (Studio Version)
22. Jennifer Juniper (BBC Concert)
23. Mellow Yellow (BBC Concert)
24. There Is A Mountain (Kodak Theatre)
25. Sunshine Superman (Kodak Theatre)
26. Colours (Kodak Theatre)
27. Jennifer Juniper (Kodak Theatre)
28. Season Of The Witch (Superjam At The Cutting Room, New York, 2008)
29. Sapphographs (Song: Be Mine)
30. Don's Basement
31. Donovan's Father Reads Poems
32. Maharishi Award
33. Doctor Of Letters
34. Donovan University And David Lynch
35. Donovan's Family Album
· Sunshine Superman: The Journey Of Donovan is a film documentary directed by Hannes Rossacher.
· Donovan is interviewed, along with other people related to him (Gypsy Dave, Linda Lawrence, John Cameron, Danny Ferrington…).
· The film duration extends to 3 hours and the bonus footage to 2 hours and a half.
· The bonus footage contains new Donovan's songs previously unreleased: Refugee Of Love, The Olive Tree and I Don't Know.
Interview In Swedish TV (unkown title)
01. Sunshine Superman (video clip)
02. The 60's
03. Universal Soldier (part from some gig)
04. Catch The Wind (Live, part)
05. Celeste (footage from the 60's, part)
06. Donovan's father and poetry
07. Gypsy Dave
09. Universal Soldier
10. Falling in love with Joan Baez
11. Sunny Goodge Street (footage from the 60's, part)
12. Meeting Mickie Most
13. Flower Power
14. Teaching John Lennon finger picking
15. The Hurdy Gurdy Man
16. Kelly, the Irish guitar
01. Donovan's father reading poetry.
02. The Brave Engineer (first Donovan's song, live)
03. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
04. Gypsy Dave/Runaway to St Ives
05. St. Albans/Cops 'n Robbers/Tin Pan Alley/Brian Jones
06. Ready Steady Go!
07. First single Catch The Wind
08. We'll sing in the sunshine (part)
09. Catch The Wind (live)
10. Comparisons with Bob Dylan/Bohemian Manifesto
11. Writing Catch The Wind/Love Me Do by The Beatles
12. Working/Organization/Albums vs. singles or EP's
13. Experimentation/Hey Gyp
14. Meeting Mickie Most and John Cameron
15. Sunshine Superman (live)
16. Linda Lawrence/Love triangle
17. Sunshine Superman not release/Drug Bust/Greece
18. Writing Mellow Yellow/New Orleans
19. Mellow Yellow (live)
20. Hurdy Gurdy Man/Vibrato
21. Hurdy Gurdy Man (live)
22. Season Of The Witch/Bert Jansch
23. Season Of The Witch (live)
24. Season Of The Witch/Drug bust
25. Back to Greece/Tax exile/Open Road/collapse